SR - newsletters and regional funds

mirrim at texas.net mirrim at texas.net
Wed Jun 17 12:14:40 PDT 1998

Pug wrote:

> Is *planning* for a profit requiring a donation?
>
> "Oh our break-even for 200 people is $5 each, so we'll set the cost
> at
>  $7 so we can cover the regional newsletter."

Why not put in the event flyer that this event is also a fundraiser
for the regional newsletter.  X percentage of the profits will go
directly into an account for the newsletter.

That way people know where their money is going   If they don't like
the newsletter idea, they can not go to the event.  Or put a donation
jar at the gate table.  Or as someone else suggested, pass the hat at
meetings.

Mirrim

"Practice principled acts of self-interest and ruthless logic"