SR - A Question Concern

Donal & Sosha catsden at texas.net
Tue Jun 23 17:03:54 PDT 1998

j'lynn yeates wrote:

> how about those of us who initially supported the formation of the principality, and later
> the kingdom of ansteorra ... who understand the reasons and totally support the
> creation of a new entity (for many of the same reasons the origional was created ...).

I was given to understand that the Principality of Ansteorra was
formed because there were three groups in Texas, nothing in New
Mexico, and nobody east of Phoenix had been King. I don't think that
kind of isolation is at work here.

(snip)
> if the ongoing straw polls remain roughly 75% in favor vs. 25% against (stats heard
> from several sources who are tracking these things ...),

I disagree. Raw data is available on the Ansteorran Webpage, but those
statistics you quoted have been put forward by one person. I disagree
with her interpretation of the data.

> > 1) Last I checked, I was a paid member and therefore part of the populace.
> > So I think that my opinion counts just as much as anyone elses in this
> > region ....
>
> nobody is debating that your voice has any less validity than anyone else ... that's
> where the 75% pro is coming from - the populace ... those folk like you and me.  on a
> related point, without opening the "pay to play" can-o-wyrms, it's not just "paid
> members" whose voices count ... it's *everyone* who has vested interest in this matter
> ... all voices should (must) be heard, every opinion counted and added to the totals.

Again, I disagree. The polling will be taken from paid members, it is
people who care enough to be paid members who should have the most
say.

> > ... and from talking to some of the other people I know in this region
> > yesterday, they didn't know about this either and they are also against
> > the principality.
>
> then i would suggest that there's a problem at your end of the chain ...if the information
> is not flowing as it should, then you should address the structure of your local group
> and the upstream chain of information and find out where the problem is

The problem lies with discussion of this issue occuring primarily on
the Web. We've been through this before, I am not in favor of such
discussion being curtailed, but the info should be more widely
disseminated in RT. Personally, I think that the people who propose
such a major change in structure should have the courtesy to make sure
the local nobles have such information.

Donal