SR - Herveus's Principality Don'ts

Gail P. Taylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Sat Jun 6 06:49:34 PDT 1998

> p.s. (Still wearing the Nomex (tm) suit...) While I am tending toward
> supporting a Principality in Ansteorra...I am firmly against said Principality
> becoming a separate Kingdom....ever... There is no better way, IMO, to turn a
> large portion of possible Principality support _against_ the idea than by
> confirming the fears of the Kingdom being split apart... So, if you want a new
> Kingdom to play in....MOVE some where else...
>
> Kief

This is going to be interesting, because of all the people in Bjornsborg
who voted that they would -consider- the idea of a principality, all but
five of them said that they would do so only with the idea of eventually
becoming a Kingdom. This wasn't 20 people...this was closer to 50
people.  One of the best reasons that I've seen so far for actually
forming a principality come from the fact that Ansteorra is too large in
population and geography, and we need to reduce the total event schedule
and administrative paperwork.  Making a principality will simply ADD
more events and more administration, unless it is done looking down the
road several years, with the idea of actually forming a new kingdom.

Although I'm sure that there are some out there that would want all of
Bjornsborg to "MOVE some where else," due to our general contrary
nature, as well as more practical issues, I really don't see us picking
up en masse and hitting the road.  What do the other groups that are
participating in the action feel?  Is this a huge cultural difference
within the Southern region that is going to eventually hamstring the
process of principality formation, or any steps beyond?

Isobel