SR - A Question Concern

Michael J. Harkness blackoak at balista.com
Mon Mar 23 18:53:11 PST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Jodi McMaster <jmcmaste at accd.edu>
To: southern at Ansteorra.ORG <southern at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: SR - A Question Concern

org/lists.html to perform mailing list tasks.>CAB wrote:
>> 2) Why can't you "do the work and coordinate the events and contribute
the time and the money to support projects aimed at better informing our
populace and nurturing our regional identity" as a REGION?  Why do you have
have a principality to do this?

>> Crystal

I have been sitting back and listening to all the hype about going for
principality.  I have lived in a Principality before,
it is not all that its cracked up to be. The same political crap goes on.
Ansteorra is a strong Kingdom. The Southern Region could not get it
together to make it work.  Some people have said to me, it's just the
little fish wanting to play in a smaller pond and look bigger.  I am
against this Principality proposal.  All of the politics that are involved
look bad.  I do believe that the people that are sold on the idea may have
valid reasons, but allot of Ansteorrians  do not like the idea of the
Southern region breaking off.  It would not make any more events closer.
Lets think,  if we did this which event will we goto this weekend, during
the summer Ansteorra has an event every week-end some where. Many are
within a 5 hour drive. Add  Principality events, boom double the number.  I
like to go to a big event.  Melees, with a small event it sure get boring
if you only have 12 people the shoot arrows at.  Been there done that. The
Southern Region has enough political back stabbing going on now.  We all
know it. We just do not talk about up front.  I can't talk about the little
fish that live in my Shire but plays else where.  Because of the politics
will not make them any better. the Bull that get spread around is still
bull droppings.  It makes the grass grow.  I don't want to walk in it. And
this last point, I'll bet that I'll get chewed out for posting this, Been
there, had it done before.  Look at your own back yard and play nice.  I
don't need any one else's crap.  I step in enough on my own.  This is a
GAME.  A dream to live. To get away from the mundane life.  I like to LIVE
THE DREAM.  Not have someone shove it down my throat.  Or to be walked on
by anyone. Everyone just have fun.  Some of us take is to seriously.

In Service to the Dream,
Lord Talon Of Blackoak
Shire of Middleford
an Archer of Kingdom of Ansteorra