SR - Interesting Idea..... -Reply -Reply

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 26 08:14:27 PST 1999

Norman White wrote:

> I have to assume that you are from one of the baronies of the region > or you would not forget that groups have to have events to keep their > group status.

This is a misconception that has been very difficult to overcome.  Let
me try once again.  Unless the laws have changed since I was Kingdom
Seneschal...and I don't think they have, but I could be wrong....groups
merely have to show _activity_, this does not necessarily mean
_events_.  It could be putting on demos, having guild meetings, or,
surprise, helping withj regional events.  The purpose of this is to make
sure that the group is real and fills a need, so that five people
somewhere do not form a group that generates paperwork and headache for
the Kingdom offices, but doesn't really do anything or fill a need.  Not
having a specific event hosted by a specific group should not be seen as
a lack of activity causing said group to lose its status.

Of course, holding events becasue you want too, not just because you
have to is always preferable anyway.

Graf Galen K.
--
Galen W. or Rebecca Bevel