SR - Let's Get Things Moving

Dory Grace amazing at texas.net
Thu Mar 18 14:12:28 PST 1999

At 12:57 PM 3/18/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Padric wrote:
><<I don't know about you, but "War Duke"(dux bellorum)sounds just
>a tiny bit presumptuous.>>
>
>Ya think?  I should have written
>    A person in charge ... would have been, I think, a "captain", ...

Hmmm. A person in charge would be the "charger"; a "charger" can also be a
horse; a valient war horse can be referred to as a "steed"; successful
steeds were often put to stud;......hey, *I know*!!! Let call the winner
our "War Stud"!!!!

Aquilanne
Yes, yes, I know, it's sexist; mustn't have that, eh? I guess the female
equivalent of stud would be brood mare; if she was feeling *really* moody,
she might also turn into a nag, right?  heeheeheeheehee
Dory Grace***The Inkwell
Austin, TX

"No matter where you go, there you are."