SR - Let's Get Things Moving

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Fri Mar 19 07:29:20 PST 1999

On 18 Mar 99, at 16:12, Dory Grace wrote:

> Hmmm. A person in charge would be the "charger"; a "charger" can also be a
> horse; a valient war horse can be referred to as a "steed"; successful
> steeds were often put to stud;......hey, *I know*!!! Let call the winner
> our "War Stud"!!!!

wasn't that a Tull song?  .. but i *like* it!  do muffins come with the
position and does the regalia include a ceremonial harley (would get a lot more
interest in the position) ???.

> Yes, yes, I know, it's sexist; mustn't have that, eh? I guess the female
> equivalent of stud would be brood mare; if she was feeling *really* moody,
> she might also turn into a nag, right?

but the humble ass much more common and important in the medieval world?  it
surely is as common in the modern, though it's evolved into a much more
agressive and fearsome beastie (g)

'wolf
.. back to the forest

... - Boingo, Pedestrian Wolves