SR - Next SR Meeting

Mirrim mirrim at moritu.net
Mon May 3 14:09:54 PDT 1999

I agree with Isobel's suggestion.  The voting idea is for local seneschal's to
collect ballots from their groups and send them to a specific person for the
actual vote counting to be done, right?  So, they can first ask their groups if
they will go along with the voting procedure.

I think there may also want to be a plan for processing any other nominations
for Regional name.  This may be some people's first introduction to the idea of
naming a region.

Mirrim

> Or, we could print out the Aussie (?) voting procedure, (along with a list
> of names to be considered...though not to be voted upon yet), send it to
> seneschals of each southern group (I have a mailing label Word page for
> them all), and have them ask their populace whether they agree to this
> type of voting for a name. That type of voting sounded quite good to me,
> and I don't really think that most people will care that much, what flavor
> of voting that we do.  We can suggest that they try to get a yes/no answer
> out of their populace, rather than forever hashing things out.
>
> Isobel

"Practice principled acts of self-interest and ruthless logic"