SR - ballots results (long!)

Riane de Cygne rianed at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:17:00 PST 1999

BRAVO well said Melisenda and Meadhbh!!!

I have watched in silence this week as complaint after complaint has been
made. I have not once seen anyone offer assistance or solution to the
problem that faces us. I belong to one of those shires with a "rocky
history" as Donal put it. I also voted. The very first thing I did when the
results were posted was email my seneschal and ask where are our votes,
rather put the blame on Sosha. At no time did I think Sosha should take on
the task of babysitting us.

Nevertheless a blaring fact is presented to us; only 4 out of the 9 groups
made the deadline. It seems to me that at this point a name for the group is
pointless. How can we talk of identity and cohensiveness within the region
when some of our groups, mine included, are lacking it at this time.
Community by definition is a unified body with joint ownership and
participation. It seems premature to give a name to something we do not as
of yet have.

I agree with Meadhbh we have just started working together on an event and
should continue down that road. Hopefully by working together we can develop
a sense of community, and find our identity, and thus our name. I remind
everyone we are only as strong as our weakest link.  At this time it looks
like it might serve us well to pull out our repair kits and strengthen our
armor, rather than rush towards something as yet unknown to us.

                                               Riane