SR - ballots results -- assumptions

C.L. Ward gunnora at bga.com
Fri Nov 19 08:37:54 PST 1999

Meadhbh asked:
>I guess my question for this is:  IF the seneschals didn't
>receive the ballots, did they contact Sosha to tell her that?

Meadhbh, you're making an assumption here.  If the seneschals had no idea there
was a ballot planned, then they'd have no way of knowing that they needed to
check when they didn't get one.

The worst sin I see being committed here is the assumption that email and the
Lions Tail are sufficient means of communication within this region.  Not everyone
*has* email.  If you do a "who" command to the list-serv, you'll quickly find
that the subscribed members of this list are a tiny minority of the region.

Now, if the ballot had been previously announced in Black Star, then the seneschals
should have been responsible for knowing about it.

As far as I am aware, Dominic doesn't have email access.  Nara does, but doesn't
subscribe to this list.

::GUNNORA::