SR - Naming of the Southern Region

Amanda Lewanski editor at texas.net
Thu Sep 16 12:42:53 PDT 1999

I understood this wasn't a formal deciding. If others also thought this was a
"narrowing of choices" poll rather than a "this is it" vote, they might not have
made a strenuous effort to return a ballot. Thus the paucity of ballot returns
may not necessarily indicate the true level of interest; plenty of people who
would want to be included in an Official Vote might not have bothered with the
Choice Narrowing Poll, figuring they'd vote later.

--Alisandre Oliphant