[Spit-project] list for photos etc. Was:raised fire pits and designs

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 15 07:49:55 PDT 2007

OK, I'll start one when Gunter and Elizabeth get home (they said something about going to Huston this weekend) and give everyone the address (Gunther, should I call it the Spit-Project, or do we want to change it to something more like "How to Cook Using a Spit""... you all will just have to subscribe.  Just to make it safe from Spammers, though, I will make it a moderated list, with Gunthar as a co-moderator... I've seen too many Yahoo lists hit with spam and don't want that.

What kind of camera do you have and do you have a removable memory stick??  If you have the removable memory stick, most newer computers already have the ports, and you just have to find the correct one for your stick.  If you don't (like mine didn't, for less than $20 you can buy a peripheral one that plugs into your computer with a USB port.  Then, you just rename (they usually are given numbers in the memory stick), and then save them to a folder you make for your new photos or the one the computer already comes with... that easy.  I don't recommend setting your picture taking on the camera to its highest setting, though, as those are huge... like 1MB or more in size, I set mine somewhere close to the lower end.  I can't tell the difference, as I'm not doing this professionally just for fun.  I will then help walk anyone new to using Yahoo to load photos into how to do it.  Not difficult at all... although there is one guy on the MedievalSawdust list who couldn't make
 two of his load no matter what he tried... and he had already loaded several images... very strange.

~~ Meisterin Katarina Helene