[Spit-project] Blacksmith

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 08:23:16 PDT 2007

Elizabeth and I went to Scarborough Faire (a Renn Fest) this
weekend and I talked with the blacksmith out there about
the spit setup. He seemed intrigued but also a bit slow on the
concept. He's a very good artisan. I was hoping to get at
least a cost estimate but no dice. I'll be emailing him some
more details on it as well as the Scappi woodcut.

We're willing to pay up to $200 for a setup, but now we
need to find the artisan to do it.

Oh, on www.armourarchive.org in the Discussion area there
are pictures of peoples' camps and one of them has an
awesome cook area where they took bricks and basically
built a fire pit above the ground and protected from the
wind. It looks like it wouldn't be hard to set up.

And they were pretty serious in making the scene authentic
within reason as well. There were potjies hanging, an apparently
Viking (or buckskinner) skillet, a clay pippen over coals, etc...

Tonight I'll try to post a liink since I can't access it at work.

This list has been a bit dead. How are everyone's kitchen
projects doing?

Yers,

Gunthar