[Spit-project] Blacksmith

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Apr 30 08:31:48 PDT 2007

Gunthar, you're willing to may $200 for a $500 plus project. The spit
set up isn't particularly difficult, but it would be very time
consuming, and in smithing, as in anything else, time is money.

On 4/30/07, Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Elizabeth and I went to Scarborough Faire (a Renn Fest) this
> weekend and I talked with the blacksmith out there about
> the spit setup. He seemed intrigued but also a bit slow on the
> concept. He's a very good artisan. I was hoping to get at
> least a cost estimate but no dice. I'll be emailing him some
> more details on it as well as the Scappi woodcut.
>
> We're willing to pay up to $200 for a setup, but now we
> need to find the artisan to do it.
>
> Oh, on www.armourarchive.org in the Discussion area there
> are pictures of peoples' camps and one of them has an
> awesome cook area where they took bricks and basically
> built a fire pit above the ground and protected from the
> wind. It looks like it wouldn't be hard to set up.
>
> And they were pretty serious in making the scene authentic
> within reason as well. There were potjies hanging, an apparently
> Viking (or buckskinner) skillet, a clay pippen over coals, etc...
>
> Tonight I'll try to post a liink since I can't access it at work.
>
> This list has been a bit dead. How are everyone's kitchen
> projects doing?
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar

Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

HIPAA Penalties

42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information

(a) Offense

A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-

(1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;

(2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
an individual; or

(3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b) Penalties

A person described in subsection (a) shall-

(1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;