[Spit-Project] Seasoning unglazed cookware

Rosalyn Johnson rjohnson at cfsa.org
Tue Aug 14 11:01:14 PDT 2007

My latest project is attempting to use a "grapen" which is an unglazed,
sort of fatbellied ceramic pot on three legs, about 1 quart capacity. I
purchased it from Historic Enterprises, which was supposed to provide
directions along with the pot. Unfortunately, I've not received those as
yet, and I'd like to try out the pot this weekend.

Does anyone know how to use such cookware, especially seasoning it and
then of course placing it/on/near the fire?

Miriam