[Spit-project] Looking at the Bayeux Tapestry...

Virginia Gatling ginlee at cnbcom.net
Mon Jul 9 17:12:17 PDT 2007

Good! It works for me. Let me know your ideas other than the ones already
stated. I already have venison, some beef roasts, some whole fish caught two
ago, and some sausages in the freezer for Three Kings along with homegrown
vegges, garlic, and herbs that can also be used. I also plan on a large beef
roast like the one at Steppes only bigger or maybe two depending on the
number that will need to be fed. I think somewhere around 300 or more may
need to be fed so all contributions and dishes will be accepted. Maybe a
dessert contest with the populace bring the sweets. I will be getting
together with the autocrats a little closer to the event to see what we can
& cannot do. There is plenty of cut wood here but I'm sure going to need
help getting it to site. If others are interested in joining this venture
speak up. It's going to be fun. I'd like to see the "kitchen" working with
several fires going. A group of Bakers, a group of meat cookers, a group
doing the stews & vegges then a group doing special items all in as period
as possible.(new spit will be there) I also will have back up cooking
methods in a hid-a-way if necessary. What do you think? To ambitious.
Regina