[Spit-Project] Portable hearth test

Rosalyn Johnson rjohnson at cfsa.org
Tue Jul 31 07:03:33 PDT 2007

I know what you mean about the rebar. Mine is long enough, but my grill
is also made of rebar and is therefore very heavy. I haven't tried
putting an iron kettle on it yet, and I'm fearful of what might happen.
I'm looking at some heavier rebar for the grill supports.

I think that places like Home Depot will cut it for you. It takes a
specialized tool to do it. A coworker at my job has one and has cut
rebar for me before. Then you could just file the edges smooth with a
metal file.

Miriam