[Spit-project] New stuff

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:50:39 PDT 2007

>I just built myself a combination anvil stump and tool chest,
>of which everything was scrounged- wood, paint, handles- except the
>hardware.

That sounds pretty creative and useful.

>And, I'm almost done with my combo smithing shelter/A-frame
>tent-

That would be an interesting idea for a cook tent as well. Is this
the type that is a basic Viking A-Frame but then you can open
up one side so it's kind of like a lean-to or Baker's tent?

I think a cook tent like that would be pretty cool. Open it up
for a fire and cooking and then close it down at night to
keep everything covered and out of the way.

>Got a
>good deal on one of those hand cranked bread makers yesterday at the
>flea market- $1, and I think I'll be taking it to Pennsic,

I hope you do. I don't think I've seen one and it sounds very
interesting.

>Need to know- are you going me/us to want to make the Scappi spit at
>Pennsic? Need to pick up some steel if you do. And, if I do it at
>Pennsic, I won't hafta chase geese ;-) And/or, do you want a trammel
>hook?

I don't think we'll be needing the Scappi spit with the new portable firepit
we are having made. Although I do want to get one at some point I
just don't know if we'll have time at Pennsic. I really appreciate the
offer.

I'd definately love a trammel hook.

See you in a few weeks.

Yers,