[Spit-project] Heat reflector?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:51:22 PDT 2007

>Uh, Gunthar, and all, the very basic lean-to shelter is actually
>designed as a heat reflector ;-) I would suspect that temporary fires
>would use temporary wind and fire reflectors.

I agree with this for the most part. But I feel the basic
lean-to as illustrated in manuals was more for keeping out
the weather than as a reflector.  Having a lean-to would
be great when cooking outdoors. It provides shade or
rain protection as well as some windbreak but there is
also plenty of open space to provide smoke outlets and
unobstructed cooking. There is some reflected heat, as
pretty much any source will reflect heat more than nothing.
But I still stand by my belief lean-to's are not created
primarily as a heat reflector.

Gunthar