[Spit-project] New setup

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 13:49:41 PDT 2007

>My cooking hearth (I'm not sure what to call it, it's not a firepit perse.)
>was made by a gentleman by the name of Crimson in the West Kingdom.

Do you know if he would make more?

>It's two tripods
>connected at the top with a bar, the hearth platform is designed to slide
>up
>two of the tripod legs from the bottom and then rests on a pin at whatever
>height you desire to set it.  There are hooks on the side of the tripods
>and
>S hooks can be used on the bar that is across the top.  At a guess I'd say
>it's about 48" tall, 72" wide at the base where the legs are pushed into
>the
>ground, and about 30" deep at the base; the hearth platform is about 48"
>wide and 24" deep.  The hearth platform has two hinges that run the length
>of the platform so it can be folded up for storage, it also makes a nice
>dish for the fire to sit in without having to worry about pushing anything
>over the sides.

Nice. I'd definately like to see some photos.
And I'm still looking for someone who wil make one, that is, unless we just
wind up making poor Phlip have to work at Pennsic on it. But I would
like to have a setup before then and transport it out there. I think taking
a day off from fighting to cook at camp would be really nice.

I spoke with Master Fritz this weekend and he said he might be available
around July if I can find a decent set of plans for it.

>Eibhlin

Gunthar