[Spit-Project] [Medieval-Open-Fire-Cooking] Looking for Fire Information

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Nov 9 05:01:34 PST 2007

The open hearth/spit cookery over firepits in the SCA is still a
relatively new
thing. We've been doing it years, but there's no one source or website
that links
or contains 'everything one needs to know.'  This list and the Yahoo website
started in April 2007. Give it a couple years and they will be a lot
more rich in details,
 provided of course that people join and post.
Recipewise and these are for medieval/Renaissance recipes, not
necessarily over open
fire--
http://home.comcast.net/~iasmin/mkcc/Research.html
has my article on online sources for recipes.
In terms of cookbooks Tournaments Illuminated ran my article on The
Essentials
or Culinary Texts a Reader Must Know About in the Fall 2005 issue # 156.

Hope this helps,

Johnna