[Spit-Project] types of cake batter

terry l. ridder terrylr at blauedonau.com
Sun May 18 08:25:11 PDT 2008

hello;

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> You might want to investigate how certain
> foods are termed cakes and how some foods
> are termed breads.

i have been looking at that and it appears to
me to be a cultural/regional convention.

some examples i have come across seem illogical.
the current food item currently described by the
name does not match the original food item.

stollens are consider cakes by some, i have always
considered stollens to be in the same family as
banana breads, date-nut breads; not quite bread not
quite cake.

fruitcakes, i have always considered an extreme form
of stollen.

it appears to be abitrary whether certain food items
are called cakes or breads.

--
terry l. ridder ><>