[Spit-Project] types of cake batter

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun May 18 07:02:55 PDT 2008

You might want to investigate how certain foods are termed cakes
and how some foods are termed breads.

Is it cornbread or corn cakes? Is it short bread or short cakes?
Ginger bread or ginger cake?

Yeast risen cakes are cakes like those great cakes that are raised with
yeast or ale barm.
Enriched yeast breads with fruit and spices. They date back to at least
the late 15th centuries.

How about fruit cakes that in most instances don't rise at all?

Johnnae