[Spit-Project] Late period pot

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Thu Apr 23 13:55:28 PDT 2009

I admit, I didn't post it to the dedicated cook's lists because I knew that
the cast iron/not cast iron point would be made and did not want to get into
the 'letting the best be the enemy of the good' argument. Where I did post
it, it was specifically to encourage those folks who would like to start
cooking over an open fire but are hesitant to begin because of their lack of
knowledge/resources for cookware that won't bust their bank - hobbyists, as
opposed to the Cooking Addicts we have here. :)

Baby steps. Once they have tasted of the nectar, then we shall reel them in
for crockery-cooking, earthen ovens, and bronzeware. (And since you brought
it up, Phlip, do you have a suggestion as to where someone could find that
sort of pot in the proper metal? Foodsafe? 'Cause barring that, I'm afraid
that I would call myself a hobbyist and go with the cast iron too, even
knowing the differences in flavour and cooking method.)

Hrothny