[Spit-Project] Spit-Project Digest, Vol 26, Issue 3

Meisterin Katarina Helene meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 15:05:15 PDT 2009

Scappi is on-line, I believe, but I can't seem to find where I saved the URL for it <Sigh>.  I did download the full thing... try Google Books.  I think it is called "The Opera of Bartolomeo Scappi," but I'm not positive on that.

It has some decent recipes to try to figure out, too... well, the English translation of it does.  I think that is also available somewhere on-line... but a new book has recently been published on it as well... Devra sells it at Poison Pen Press (she is the bookseller Johnnae mentioned).

My spit, which is an adaptation of that spit in Scappi, was made by a friend as a gift.  But I'm thinking one other member of this list has made a better version of it.  Gunthar, do you remember who that is?

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo