[Stargate] populace meetings

Crystal Lamb crystl_lamb at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 16:12:52 PST 2007

I second Melody's words regarding 7:30 starting times for meetings.  I guess becoming a parent has opened my eyes to the changing face of Ansteorra:  more families are playing...or not playing because they can't attend late meetings...for example.  I know you can't please everyone all the time, or be all things to all people.  However, I would strongly advocate for reviewing the starting time for populace.  My son and I tried to attend populace meetings when we first moved to the Barony, but the time and location were not feasible for a young child.  Now that Nicholas is in Elementary School, it's impossible.  I would hazard a guess the some middle school parents would agree that the time and distance factor is very restrictive.

  With a heavy sigh I gave up one phase of my SCA life upon becoming a parent and entered another.  In retrospect, however, I am a far richer person for doing so.  I just wish I could occasionally visit that other world.  Revising the meeting time and place may prove to be a good starting place.

  Just my two cents,

  ~Aslyn Crystyn