ST - walkietalkies

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Tue Feb 20 11:57:59 PST 2001

Fearghus already has purchased 2 Motorola Talkabouts #fr60  for our personal
use.  Maybe I can persuade him to chime in and give you guys the details of
the ones we purchased so as to help facilitate your decision making process.
I would be willing to bring ours to your populace meeting if you guys would
like to play with them.

Arabella

> I'm not familiar with the term 'talkabout', but I'm assuming that this
refers to the Motorola
> professional radio units that we have been renting for several years.  If
so, this is
> something that has been discussed at various times in the past and decided
against because of
> cost and maintenance issues, but technology may be on our side now.
>
> I think this should be debated at a business meeting soon so that we can
have time to make a
> decision before warlord, but I think that radios operating in the FRS band
might be an
> excellent investment for the barony provided that we get the units which
operate on AA
> batteries and not the rechargeable litium ion or nickel cadmium battery
models.

> There are a large number of radios available from different manufacturers
with different
> feature sets but basically the same performance.  I personally favor the
Motorola brand T6300