ST - Re: flagpole Hill

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Fri Apr 20 15:00:02 PDT 2001

Yes the fighters need a good place to practice = I don't think anyone
disputes that.

But we have also been talking about how to get more non-fighters to come
out as well.  So the issue of where and when to hold fighter practice is
sa matter of concern to all the Barony, not just the fighters.

Private practices can be held where and when the participants desire.
The official Baronial fighter practice must be held at a published place
and time, and must have an authorized marshal there.  Otherwise, it is
not our official fighter practice.  This usually means our knight marshal
needs to be there or make arrangements for another qualified marshal to
be there.  This is part of the duties of the knight marshal, as specified
by Kingdom law and BOD policy - at least as I understand it...  The
requirements are much stricter now than they used to be...

Suzanna, herbalist