[Steppes] Sunday fighter practice

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Wed Jun 12 09:52:16 PDT 2002

Agilwulf and I came to fighter practice at Mary Head park a few times
when we first moved fighter practice.  Our kids played in the play area a
while, and seemed to like it, but there is no shade in the play area.
Jeremy sunburns badly, even with sunblock on, so this was a possible
problem for us.  Further, Agilwulf and I both have problems with heat,
and if we are not able to use the pavillion at Mary Head for shade, we
can't stay long if we come.

There is a nice playground area at Flagpole Hill, not as fancy as the one
at Mary Head, but the kids enjoy it.  And it is in a shady area and near
the water fountains.  It is not enclosed, like the area at Mary Head, and
is only slightly farther from the fighting area we used to use than the
distance at Mary Head.

This area also has some nice new picnic tables, and is closer to the
porta-johns.  Perhaps we could move the practice up the hill just a bit,
if we decide to use Flagpole Hill again.  Although this area is not quite
as level.

Suzanna