[Steppes] Fighter Practice Location

Drachenhohle at aol.com Drachenhohle at aol.com
Wed Jun 12 11:08:25 PDT 2002

 I guess I'm a pro and con type of guy as well, and having said that I came
across a set of pros for the hill. Lets take a look at them:
large enough space to play- both parks have large fields big enough for war
practice, although i would rather play on the level one at our present
location one not the very sloped area we have had to use in the past at the
Hill.
large amount of shade- well the Hill has it there, i would like to point out
though that once the temp gets over 90 in the summer the only people that
seem to show up are the fighters and guess what last year the pavilion at
Mary Head was free for that very same reason.
bathrooms- i don't know if Dallas has fixed the bathrooms at the Hill, but i
do know that i don't want to walk a long distance to get to them, and if they
are still the portables then i won't use them.
parking- it's a toss up I've seen both full
archery- well i know we are allowed and have had combat archery at our
present location thus allowing for an effective WAR PRACTICE, as far as
static archery i really don't think those that practice the art would like to
move from the superior location they are using now or they would already have
done so.
equestrian- interesting question has any of that group tried to see if it is
allowed at Mary Head? Do they even have a Sunday practice and if they do are
they in favor of leaving the location they are using?

 I would like to say i was not in favor of our last move, but have come to
enjoy the better facilities that Mary Head has to offer. In the past year+ i
have attended over 30 Sunday practices. At almost every practice i have
spoken to people (mundanes) stopping to see what we are doing. The last
practice i attended there where 2, one of which i passed off to Lady Claire
for more info.. This was simply not the case at Flag Pole Hill in six years
of attendance.
 If what i say next offends some so be it, but Mary Head is the better of the
two locations. I have yet to hear a fighter that attends Sunday fighter
practice say "lets go back", or "gee i wish this park had (XXX) facility
available that (YYY) park has". I'm not sure how this got started again but
it offends what little common sense i have left.

HL Donald Hambleton