[Steppes] Event Changes - long

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 2 14:44:20 PDT 2002

>>> When is First Monday in relation to 12th Night?
>>> Are you sure we could even get the hall?

Good point - our PED for 12th Night is the first weekend in January
(Coronation is the second weekend), so it would directly conflict with the
First Monday at Canton.

I think that 12th Night and Warlord are the two we SHOULD keep as the
"Steppes Official" events.  Both of these have the greatest number of
activities for the greatest number of persons.  Artisan, even with this
year's pas, is pretty much a one-note event, and the one that we can most
easily fold into one of the others if we are forced to do so.

If the Barony seriously considers making Artisan an unofficial event, how
does this compare to other Artisan events?

I know that many groups combine all of their Champion activities - armored,
rapier, throwing weapons, archery, artisan - into one event.  This would
mean folding Artisan into Warlord.  The problem is finding the TIME there,
as opposed to SPACE, which is the only issue about folding it into 12th
Night.  Which is easier to reconcile?

                      ---= Morgan (found more tuppence)

"What we play is life." ----= Louis Armstrong