[Steppes] Calendar ?

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 4 12:19:50 PDT 2002

I agree with Ulrich on how I pick my events.  My first interest is Archery.  I
run Eastfield range every weekend that there is not an event or an intrusion
from my other life in Scouting or from Mundane life so I am already used to at
least one "SCA event" per weekend.  At most of the local events I am usually
spending most of my time working or participating on the Archery range.  If I
decide to drive a distance to participate in an Archery event such as Namrons
or Stargates it is because of who else is going or because there is some
special reason to participate in their Archery tournament such as a great
prize or unusual competition.    I also have other interests such as A&S and
light fighting but have not the time to go to those events at present.  There
are events I would like to attend that are further afield than I currently do
but am unable to at the moment for time or funds reasons.  If that changes
(unlikely at the moment) then I will drive further afield if I really like an
event.

Jacques the Spink