[Steppes] Warlord XXX T-Shirt Design Contest?

Martha A. Compton macpob1 at airmail.net
Thu Jun 6 10:58:04 PDT 2002

Brent Ryder wrote:

> >On past Anniversiary years the Autocrats have taken care of this to go along
> with the theme of the Anniversiary.  We may want to wait and see who puts in a
> bid and if they have that in thier bid.
>
> Yes, and I've seen it not done because they did not want to do it (which I am
> sure I can find someone else to take up the task) or because they did not have
> a suitable design and could not come up with one in the allotted time
> before the event.

Borek,

On this I respectfully beg to differ.  On the Anniversary events of Steppes'
Warlord XX and XXV the Barony/Autocrat team had T-shirts designed, produced and
on sale in a timely manner.  (At Warlord XXV there were also book bags for sale
with the same design as the T-shirt.)  These are the only two years that the
Barony has sold or attempted to sale T-shirts at this event that I am aware of.

If you have any concerns and would like to discuss them with me personally,
please call me at home.  Perhaps I can alleviate any fears/questions you may
have on the time frame/design work that is involved.  (214-321-7367)

This is a free country and anyone may do as they please, including producing a
T-shirt for sale at any event.  But as there is not yet a accepted bid for
Warlord XXX and the Seneschal and Their Excellencies have not designated anyone
to handle this endeavour, why not table this discussion for the time being?

In service,
Muireann

--
Alis volat propriis - She flies with her own wings.