[Steppes] Thanks to the children

ylwrose2 at juno.com ylwrose2 at juno.com
Tue May 27 18:08:26 PDT 2003

> Averial and Katya, when you say thanks to people for helping at
> Warlord, there are some children to thank as well.  Brittany,
> Allyson's daughter (Nikki? I am so bad at names!), and two boys who
> I think were J.T. and someone else, organized almost all the chairs
> in the hall into a neat area.
                That 'someone else' was a young man named Colton.  It was
his first SCA event.  I heard stories from several folks about how he
lelped out Saturday night, then again Sunday morning.  I found out Sunday
morning from his Mom that he is 'uncomfortable' in storms as three of the
homes they have lived in have been struck nby lightning.  But all through
the pounding of the rain on the roof of the hall, sleeping with the
lights on, on the floor, in a strange place, never did I hear a complaint
or whimper.  This young man will be attending future events, most likely
arhery.  I commend him to you.

Lady Francesca