[Steppes] First Aid Kit ingredients

Greylond Aston greylondaston at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 16:40:23 PST 2003

I agree Gerita. I've found that for normal
people(those without formal training) a basic one can
be found at Wal-mart or other stores. Some places have
Kits that are specifically designed for Homes and they
come in a nifty box easily noticed as a First Aid Kit.
Buy what you can afford and are comfortable using.
Also remember to stock any special needs for your
family and people who are regularly over at your
house(i.e. Bee Sting kits for those allergic) and
other special case supplies that aren't in the normal
kit. Also double check to make sure you have an
emergency contact list somewhere easy to get to like
on the Fridge with Doctor's/Dentist's numbers(I've
responded to a house with a Dental Trauma Emergency
before) and Poison Control. If anyone doesn't have a
local Poison Control fridge magnet and would like one
let me know as I have a bunch extra. If anyone in your
house in on regular medications it is also a good idea
to keep a list of the meds, dosages, condition, and
prescribing Doctor handy. If an emergency arises and
you have to leave quickly or call for an ambulance you
can just grab all of that stuff and take it with you
or the responding Fire/Rescue people will see it
easier.

Anyway, just some thoughts from a former EMT. :)

YIS

Greylond