[Steppes] Re: Weather at Steppes

Cairenn Day cpenny at swbell.net
Mon Jun 2 20:18:04 PDT 2003

What do have have to have for Warlord?
1) Camping space for 1000
2) Parking for 800-1000 vehicles
3) LARGE Flat areas for list fields, equestrian and archery
4)Flush toilets or the ability to have Port-a-Johns flushed twice a day
5) A site suitable for handicapped people, must be navigable by those in
wheelchairs
6)Good roads into the site, not dirt
7)Fairly close access to motels, stores, ect.
8)Shelter in case of bad weather  I worry more about large hail (1995
Mayfest) and
   tornados, than rain
9)Some access to an air conditioned area, heat stroke IS deadly
10) Shade for camping, yes there is the Serengeti at Pennsic, but the
temperature is not 100 in the day and over 80 at night
11)A site that can be treated for fire ants, we have had people that had
to go to the
     hospital for ant bites
12)Other?

I, for one, am doubtful about our ability to find another site.  I think
that we need to map the Canton site, let people know what areas flood
and which roads flood and be better prepared.  If I merchant, I will
probably want my normal area, unless we move the list field and other
stuff.  The weather will not be a factor, if I don't merchant, it will
be because I want to do other things on Sat. and there are very few
shoppers on Sat.(everyone is busy), I may merchant on Sun. only.