[Steppes] Great Day

Corwin mag Eoin corwinmageoin at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 15 11:07:20 PDT 2004

Greetings to all,

Another Steppes Artisan is behind us and what a great
day it was.  Much word fame shall go out to HL Rosalia
our newest Artisan and soon to join the field of
judges.  Wear your walking shoes!

There were many marvels to behold and wonderful
fellowship as well.  The event was some smaller than
in past years which allowed for we judges to get to
know the Artisans better and to give the entries more
of the time that they deserve.

The event went smoothly.  Much thanks to our gracious
host Katja and her superb staff who put so much work
into this event.  Lady Linet Gray put on a wonderful
luncheon for the judges to keep up our strength
through out the event which was highlighted by a
delicious venison stew.  Lady Linet baked breads for
the luncheon that were worth of entries themselves.
She is quite a baker and I hope to see her as an
entrant next year.  Thanks also go to Lady Kathrine
for her work on the Desert revel and Subtlety
competition.  Remember to get your items in to her for
the Troops in Iraq!

Next thanks must  go out to our most exec lent Barron
and Baroness who made a fine addition to the field of
judges.  Our time in debate over our selection while
never an easy choice went smoothly.

If you have never attended a Steppes Artisan event I
encourage you to go next year, it is one of the
premier art competitions in the Kingdom.  I was very
proud to be able to judge such a fine field of work.

If you haver never entered Steppes Artisan before now
is the time to start preparing!  Gather your finest
works and begin that next project for surely the
competition is stiff even when the field is smaller.

I look forward to seeing you all again next year and
selecting The next Steppes Artisan!

Corwin mag Eoin
Artisan of the Steppes

=====