[Steppes] The Incredibly BEAUTIFUL Warlord Tunic

kellie H kgsfa86 at swbell.net
Mon May 24 18:25:14 PDT 2004

Which of us has not made small (or large) concessions to convenience, durability, price, inexperience, lack of guidance, or some other neccessary consideration in the exercise of our SCA pursuits?  I dare say none of us!
Marguerie, don't you DARE regret anything you did to initiate this incredible project, which so many of us have had a part in accomplishing.  The new Warlord Tunic is astonishingly beautiful, and will be the crowning jewel to which every fighter in the Kingdom will aspire for years and years to come.  Difficult, yes.  Challenging, certainly.  And whenever any person who has laid their hand to this project looks at that tunic over the next two decades, we will swell with pride that the Steppes Warlord wears the most beautiful article of regalia in the Kingdom.  And that we helped bring it about.  Stories will be told of the monumental effort that went into creating and finishing it, and we can say we were there.  If it were easy, quick, and required no blood, sweat or tears, it would mean much, much less.
You have done a good thing, Marguerie.  And you too, Kalida.  And Katya.  And Catalina.  and Suzanna.  And the many, many others who set needle to fabric to make this wonderful tunic.  And as the one who commissioned this work of art three years ago, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  It could not be any better.

Sincerely,
Catrin Brynmorgan