[Steppes] how many teachers among us?

xaraxene at comcast.net xaraxene at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 11:17:39 PDT 2004

I was a computer lab aide for two years after subsitute teaching a few months.  I then became certified to teach Early Childhood - 12th grade in Technology Applications.  I also hold an English as a Second Language Certification and am working towards Bilingual Certification.
I taught 5th and 6th grade for 2 years and am now a Librarian at a beautiful little elementary school.  So, I have to get a Masters in Library Science - but it's worth it.  The job is perfect for a researching laurel.
Margarite,  if you can't find a teaching job, go find a school district where you want to work and register as a substitute teacher.  That way you will get to know the schools, the principals, the teachers, and the system.  Sometimes, jobs come open in the middle of the year, but you need to keep your eyes and ears open for the opportunities!  I *never* thought I would be a librarian!  But here I am.
Xene