[Steppes] FW: Stargate?

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 10:23:16 PDT 2004

Basically,what I meant by my post is that I can't imagine anyone in the SCA
fighting with live steel swords since we don't do that in practice.  There are
other groups, actors, people who travel with the Renfaires, etc., that are used
to wielding a heavy steel sword.  I used the example of TRF because it was out
of the public eye, wayyyy back in the boonies of the participants campgrounds
and the fighters were being seriously irresponsible.  My aim was to point out
that just because someone was caught with a sword, please don't assume that
they are SCA.  Now, if someone had beaten someone to death with a rattan sword,
that would be another story.  :D

Gabrielle (no aspersions towards Houston, Stargate or Rennies were intended by
this post.  I'm a pseudo-rennie myself.  Note to others - no reason to get
undies in a wad here.)

--- "D. Vandever" <hlannes at ev1.net> wrote:

> Hi. There has been no connection (so far) between this sword killing and the
> Stargate community. I agree with this poster that many folks buy swords at
> the TRF. And you can buy swords many other places. Also, despite an intense
> attempt by the Greens road/Greenspoint area to the contrary, that particular
> area of north Houston is pretty rough. Just to put a bit of perspective in
> it.
> Annes
> Dear God,  Help me to be the person
> my dog thinks I am.  Amen

=====

HL Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, 1998.