[Steppes] The GROWING of "The Star"

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Fri Oct 15 07:55:54 PDT 2004

Thank you, I had forgotten I had written that verse.  But it got me to
wondering, the song just continues to grow - how many total verses are
out there now to "The Rising Of The Star?"

Alaric

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have saved a copy of this since I first saw it nearly two years ago,
shortly after my arrival in Ansteorra.  Perhaps our newcomers from the
East would be interested in it.  Thanks to Don Alaric for posting it
when I saw it then.

Oh, the Ansteorran Ladies go to war just like their men,
They don't fight for glory or honor, but to protect their kith and kin.
Their skill at arms and fierceness throughout the world is known,
Especially since "The Iron Rose" by her own hand won the throne.
And for our women warriors, there are many war stories to tell,
For the Ansteorran Ladies "are more deadly than the Male..."

Lady Linet Grey
Archery Marshal for the Barony of the Steppes
(who is getting outfitted to be out on the combat field herself)