[Steppes] Royal Gifts

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Fri Nov 12 07:06:25 PST 2004

Greetings, The Steppes!

At our meeting on Wednesday, the Clothiers and Textile Workers' Guild
began putting together kits of materials to make the games our Barony
will give to Their Majesties for gift baskets.

Some kits are complete and ready to be claimed and put together.  Others
still need parts.  In particular, heavy weight fabric for the outside is
needed, along with cording for drawstrings.

I won't be at Populace meeting this month - I have a final exam that
night (figures, doesn't it?), so I would ask that anyone willing to take
a kit, and anyone with fabric to donate please contact me off list and I
will make arrangements with you.

This is a fairly easy project.  Mark the gameboard piece according to
the game being made, attach it to the "inside", lighter fabric.  Sew the
inner and outer fabrics together, making a circle with a drawstring
"pocket" on the edge.  Run the cord through, and you're done.
Gameboards can be marked using embroidery, paint, whatever will wear
well and look nice.

Ever in service,
Gerita del Mare

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com
<http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com/>
www.japanesechinrescue.org <http://www.japanesechinrescue.org/>

The years that a woman subtracts from her age are not lost.  They are
added to the ages of other women.  -- Diane de Poitiers (1499 - 1566)