[Steppes] Archery Practice 04/25

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:39:45 PDT 2005

If I could custom order days for shooting....they would all be like today;
sunny, not too warm, and minimal winds....It was glorious!

Mama Killdeer is still sitting on her nest. We got a quick peek at one
point. The eggs have not yet hatched, but judging on how close she stayed to
them today, I would suspect that there will be hatchlings in the next day or
two. HL Katya made peace with the bird, today with the offering of a
biscuit. I think it worked because Katya got her best score ever, as did I.
I believe that Merewen might have gotten her best, as well.

There were eleven archers this day on the firing line, enough that we needed
to shoot in ranks in order not to crowd Mama. There were two archers that we
have not seen on the range in quite some time. Former Steppes Archer Jason
of Many Bows joined us briefly with his tiny canine companion, and Lady
Alienore Llewelyn came out and shot for a while, as well. I haven't seen her
out before in the two and a half years that I have now been shooting! I'm
gonna hold you to your promise to come back out soon, Alienore!.

We shot an IKAC and enjoyed the weather, the fellowship, and the shooting,
of course. Getting up that hour earlier on Sunday was tough, but the
gorgeous day more than made up for it.

We will be having practice next Sunday at Eastfield at 9 a.m. We will not
have practice the weekend of Elfsea Springfair, nor on Warlord Sunday.

See you on the Range!!!

In service,

Lady Lyneya de Grey
Baronial Archery Marshal