[Steppes] Fwd: Populace

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 07:28:34 PST 2005

Hubert,
If you don't mind, I would like to add something to your directions.

Directions from South of 121 :

Since we give our directions from major highways (and malls), I would like to
add that Hubert is a few miles north of 121 and Preston (Stonebriar Mall is at
that intersection).

The quickest way is to take your best route to 121 via the Dallas North Tollway
(or Bush Turnpike to Dallas North Tollway to 121). Go east on 121 to Preston
(about a block or two). Go north on Preston.  Continue for about 5 miles until
you reach the light at Eldorado.

After you pass the light at Eldorado, as Hubert says...
> You will see a stone wall on your right
> with signage for Creekside at Preston. Turn right onto Mockingbird Lane, then

> take your first right onto Kiltartan Drive. Follow Kiltartan until you reach
> Flores Drive and turn left onto Flores, which will end at Drexel Street.
> Turn Right onto Drexel. I am the last house on the left hand side of the
> street.

It has been learned in the past that taking Preston all the way down will cause
you severe angst!!!  The traffic lights will take you forever to get there!
So, DON'T TAKE PRESTON ALL THE WAY FROM DALLAS would be my sincerest advice.
[grin]

Gabrielle

--- Kevin Black <kblack4 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Directions
>
> 12614 Drexel Street, Frisco TX
>

> >From the north (hwy 380): Take the Preston exit south until you reach
> Mocking Bird Lane on your left hand side. You will see a stone wall with
> signage for Creekside at Preston. Turn left onto Mockingbird Lane, then take
> your first right onto Kiltartan Drive. Follow Kiltartan until you reach
> Flores Drive and turn left onto Flores, which will end at Drexel Street.
> Turn Right onto Drexel. I am the last house on the left hand side of the
> street.
>

> >From the south: Take your best route to Preston around Main Street (FM720)
> or Eldorado (to get in the right area), and head north on Preston until you
> reach Mocking Bird Lane on your right hand side. You will see a stone wall
> with signage for Creekside at Preston. Turn left onto Mockingbird Lane, then
> take your first right onto Kiltartan Drive. Follow Kiltartan until you reach
> Flores Drive and turn left onto Flores, which will end at Drexel Street.
> Turn Right onto Drexel. I am the last house on the left hand side of the
> street.
>

> Please feel free to call (214) 477-4847 if you need help finding the house.
>

> Full directions with a map can be found by either clicking the populace link
> on the webpage calendar or directly at
> http://www.steppes.org/populace/feb_populace.html
>
> I apologize that I do not have a link to mapquest directions on the site as
> I normally do, however mapquest doesn't believe my house exists yet =).
>

> Hubert d'Aiguës-Mortes
> Qui fait plus, mieux vaux

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.