[Steppes] Great loss to Sir Laasguard

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Tue Nov 21 07:20:23 PST 2006

Many of you are who are relatively new to the Barony and the SCA in Texas may not know Sir Laasguard or not know him well except as the husband of Lady Lynaya, but those of us who have been around a long time know him well, indeed.  He was a part of the founding of this kingdom, and was affectionately known as the Red Fox for years.  Personally, I've known him since nearly my first event, and knew his daughter Erica as a small child.   My heart is very heavy indeed to know that my SCA brother must deal with the death of his child -- as a famous line from a movie goes, no parent should have to bury their own child.

I'm am almost at a loss for words, except to express my appreciation to Baroness Francesca for taking on the responsibility for getting the word out, and to be the central information point.  She has also agreed to accept financial contributions to help Laasguard and Lynaya defray the cost of travel and other expenses they will be incurring, as Laasguard is currently unemployed and Lynaya is underemployed.  Please contact her off list if you wish to contribute, and make it clear whether you consider it a gift or a loan.

While we are sitting down to enjoy our turkeys and other abundance, please spare a prayer and blessing for this family dealing with an unexpected tragedy.

With deep sorrow,

HL Saqra