[Steppes] Golden Key garb

TinyGypsyLady tinygypsylady at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 08:06:53 PDT 2006

I would like to second Ulrich's comment about some kind of Newcomer identifier.  There were few I have met at Hawkins that either I remembered or remembered me at Warlord.

I have to say (as I was in the company of my son and two other newcomers), it would have been nice to have some kind of identifier so others would come up and chat with us.  I do not know about others, but it isn't easy to walk up to people who seem "busy" and say... HI!  I am new!  What is happening?  etc.

  Of course, that isn't to say I did NOT do this! lol I did so at the hieraldich table... that is how I ended up submitting my name... yikes!

  Ana Maria

David Ruff <davidsbox01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  It would seem to me that having a work day would also give a new comer the ability to meet some of the people in the sca so they know someone at events, more so perhaps making loaner gear an alike color or emblazon with something identifying them as new comers so all may see it and know to introduce themselves etc, this would also guard to some extent of having to charge a deposit - again a suggestion.

YogaLady

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed." Bernard Edmonds