[Steppes] My Introduction into the SCA

Jessica Smith jasiwolf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:46:42 PDT 2007

I did alot of my growing up in Fort Hood. My dad was in the military - and I
remember when he was little he made chainmail patches for a guy who did
chain mail armor. So that was my first exsposure to the sca. But I didn't
start playing until I went to colorado springs. The practices were all in my
backyard and I had some LARP friends who also played in the SCA. Took me
another 4 months after I got back home to get up the nerve to attend an
event (Steppes Artisan) and then I met Saqra....who introduced me to Miguel
and Conal......and ive had a blast!
It does seem to take time to get your feet wet. I must of started
researching the sca online when I was 15....and im 20 now. I think that
maybe if we could get people together who would maybe be willing to get
people in cars and take them to events. Sponsoring them and introducing them
to people...making sure they have some sort of idea of whats going on and
getting them involved in it - we might be able to shorten the time it takes
to go to a first event.
And btw! If you want to get your hands dirty with those big rock flingers
shoot me an email.
Adelina