[Steppes] my introduction to the sca

Chelsea Durham baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:02:28 PDT 2007

Second time around, it goes public. Sorry!

I read a book when I was 16 called Horrorscope by Nicholas Adams. (His real
name is John Peel, and he's the one that sent me the book) The main
character and her family were in the SCA, and in the book, they went to an
event. John had actually gone to an event to get the... pretext right???
Anyway, in the back of the book, he put the SCA website. I looked into it a
bit but being 16, I couldn't do a whole heck of a lot. When I was 18, I was
in a bookstore in San Angelo, TX and was talking to the lady there, and she
mentioned I'd probably like the SCA. I was like, "Oh yeah! I've heard of
that!" "Here have some contact info." I promptly lost it. Two weeks later,
I'm working a jewelry booth in the mall, and of all people, BRITTA walks by,
and it was during their first reign. She was looking for bird things. She
told me about it, gave me contact info AGAIN, and the next day I made my
first T-tunic with the help of Britta, Jamie, and my grandmother who was
completely dismayed that people made things out of a t-shirt pattern. =)
After that, I was hooked.

-Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel
"When your face is salty wet/And you're drowning in regret" -"Love Heals"
Jonathan Larson