[Steppes] The Hawkins Site - Showers

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:31:07 PST 2007

Of course this would be a possiblity, but what of the costs, and who would store it? I don't know how many of you have been in the Steppes Storage locker lately, but unless miracles happen this weekend when they inventory and throw things away, there isn't room to store much in there of any size.

Pvc pipe is in the vicinity of 50 cents per foot on the sites i looked at online. Joint fittings are close to $1 a piece. I'm sure that there are folks who can find some cheaper prices, but it's all going to add up to a significant sum, not counting the storage difficulties. Lumber runs between $2.50 and $5 per board foot for 2 x 4s, again, on the online sites I looked at. They may be a bit better locally, but lumber prices have gone up quite a lot in the past few years. I really don't see this as a cost effective solution.

Lyneya