[Steppes] Insignia

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:32:23 PDT 2007

I think that the non-armigerous awards are not normally maintained by the
kingdom, so the defficiency is our own (which you may be saying, I'm just
clarifying).  Several of us (Alasdair, Borek, myself, Mahdi) were talking
about the Acorn and Gryce's Track database, and we want to get that back up
and running and get it to a current point so we can easily move it forward.
It's not like a LOT of those are given out, so it should be reasonably
simple to keep up to date once it's done.  I know it's been said over and
over the last few years.  We need to actually do it.

I think it would be great if the barony would put together a page with
insignia descriptions for all three insignia.  It's my impression that the
"hard bit" of each, the leaf, the acorn, and the track, are very open to
artistic license. I've seen many differnet leaves... from realistic to higly
stylaized.  I've seen a few different types of acorns.  I've seen a couple
kinds of track (I haven't seen more than a couple ever).  But it seems that
a general guideline and descriptions of the ribbons would suffice, but the
inclusion of pictures of existing ones would be great.

My thoughts on the matter, based solely on my observations.

Morgan